Do you have sleeping problems? If you want to put an end to those sleepless nights, then a melatonin supplement may be just what you need.
Melatonin is a hormone produced by your pineal gland that induces sleep. Your brain contains a group of cells found in the hypothalamus called the Suprachiasmatic Nucleus (SCN), which control your biological clock because the cells that form the SCN react to light and dark signals.
Light travels through your eyes’ optic nerves to your SCN, telling your body that it’s time to wake up. Your eyes also tell your SCN when it’s dark outside and that’s when your body begins to secrete melatonin.
How much melatonin you produce is related to the amount of bright sun exposure you have had the previous day, so the less bright light, the lower your production of melatonin.
Internet health guru Joseph Mercola explains that typically, in a normal night’s sleep, your melatonin levels stay elevated for about 12 hours (usually between 9 pm and 9 am) and as the sun rises and your day begins, your pineal gland “shuts down” and your melatonin levels decrease until they’re hardly measurable at all.
Depending on your age, your melatonin production every night varies. Kids usually have much higher levels of melatonin than adults.
As you grow older, your melatonin levels continue to go down, which may explain why many older adults occasionally experience disrupted sleep patterns.
That is why Dr. Mercola recommends a quality melatonin supplement for people who have problems sleeping, including the elderly, those affected by jet lag, and those who work the night shift.
Lack of good sleep will:
- Accelerate your signs of aging – Lack of sleep makes you look and feel tired and signs of sleeplessness usually show up on your face, like dark circles and bags under the eyes and sagging skin. In short, you get old before your time.
- Affect every aspect of your personal life – You’ll likely miss important events and have limited quality time to spend with your loved ones and friends.
- Potentially impair your driving.
- Decrease your performance at work.
- Pollute your body with harmful stimulants, particularly caffeinated beverages like coffee and energy drinks.
To help you avoid these problems, Mercola recommends Melatonin Sleep Support.
Melatonin Sleep Support is an all-natural solution that will help you:
- Increase your feelings of sleepiness
- Help you fall asleep faster
- Enhance the overall quality of your sleep
- Improves your alertness in the morning
- Reduce fatigue during the day
With this premium melatonin supplement, you don’t need to take any pills, tablets or capsules – Melatonin Sleep Support comes in the form of a spray! It uses a patented NanoMist® delivery system that further reduces the melatonin molecules to microscopic nanodroplets, making it easier and faster for your body to absorb it.
Just 3-6 sprays into your mouth under your tongue and you’ll be on your way to sweet dreams and a good night’s sleep.